The use of implants to replace missing teeth is safe, can provide a natural appearance and is very popular in the world of dentistry. A dental implant is made of biocompatible materials, which are implanted into the gums or jawbone to replace missing teeth. The success of dental implants depends on the level of proficiency of the tandlæge herlev who implements, the quality and quantity of the jawbone to be implanted, and the oral health of the patient.
However, many things to consider before installing dental implants include:
1. Patient considerations:
– The patient’s systemic health condition.
For example has Diabetes Mellitus disease, because it affects the healing process of tissue after implant installation action. However, if the Diabetes Mellitus disease is controlled, the success of any implant installation will be achieved.
– Previous tooth disease history
– Patient motivation and ability to maintain oral health
Patients with poor oral conditions, unable to maintain their own oral hygiene, and have a habit of smoking will usually fail if dental implants are installed.
2. Cost considerations
3. Consideration of adjacent tooth condition, jaw bone and soft tissue around and to be installed dental implants.
All information related to the consideration of dental implant installation is obtained through anamnesis to the patient, clinical examination, and radiography (usually dental panoramic photo). The successful installation of dental implants should be seen from subjective and objective criteria, including:
– Subjective criteria:
Comfortable to wear.
Improve mental status.
– Objective criteria:
– Bone damage not exceeding
– Good occlusal and vertical dimensions.
– Inflammation of the gums can be treated.
– The implant wobble does not exceed 1 mm in any direction.
– The absence of symptoms of infection or infection.
– No damage to nearby teeth.
– No paresthesia occurs in the mandibular canal, maxillary sinus, or nasal cavity base.